Customer Care Representative
Job Title: Customer Care Representative
Department: Customer Care
Report to: Customer Care Supervisor
Summary: The Customer Care Representative is responsible for acting as a liaison between customers and the company. The representative will provide professional and courteous service handle incoming requests from customers and ensures that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly. Resolve customer disputes, assist with complaints, orders errors, account questions, billing, cancellations, and other queries.
WORK HOURS: Hours will be 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday during training (approximately 3 months). Once training complete, shift hours may/will change to 10:30 am - 7 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8:30 am – 5:00 pm on Friday
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or social media.
- Use telephones to reach out to customers and verify account information. Maintains customer profiles.
- Greet customers warmly and ascertain problem or reason for calling. Ability to read from scripts.
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges.
- Advise on company information, shipping, inventory and products.
- Take payment information and other pertinent information such as addresses and phone numbers.
- Place or cancel orders and warranty claims.
- Answer questions about warranties or terms of sale.
- Suggest solutions when a product malfunctions and minor technical issues.
- Attempt to persuade customer to reconsider cancellation.
- Inform customer of and special offers, deals and promotions.
- Sell products and services and advise local points of distribution.
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes.
- Work with customer service team lead or supervisor to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- File documentation per company prescribed procedures.
- Refers complaints of service or product failure to appropriate departments for investigation.
- Coordinates customers' service needs with other departments as required to ensure exceptional customer service.
- May perform backup duties to receptionist and/or other short term projects.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
Level and Type of Education Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college or administrative/customer service training preferred.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Minimum of one (1) year of related customer service work experience.
- Must be proficient in various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Internet (Customer portals) and company CRM software
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Punctual and dependable attendance required.
- Works well with others, team player; cooperative in groups to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to speak with customers to encourage problem solving.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.