- DEPARTMENT: Returns
- REVISION DATE: 07/2020
- REPORTS TO: Returns & Resale Supervisor
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We are looking for a Returns Associate to work in our warehouse returns area. This job is fast paced and attention to detail is a must! Qualified candidates must be computer savvy, have a great attendance record and a can-do attitude.
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspires confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing!
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
1st shift hours: 6:30am - 3:00pm (Monday - Friday) - some Saturday overtime may be required as needed.
A Hinkley Returns Associate is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of returned product. In this role an employee may perform one or more of the following functions including: receiving of returned product, inspection, documentation, packaging, parts handling, responding to customer care inquiries, quality assurance and more.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform an efficient and detailed inspection of all returned merchandise. Compare returned merchandise with original requisition to record information such as quantity, type of defect, and date on invoice or other forms.
- Accurately document findings of above inspection in Hinkley’s computer system and complete all required steps of the returns process.
- Evaluate and determine the disposition for the returned item: restock (if it meets all Hinkley quality standards), scrapped for parts (ensures correct parts location or if BOM item, label and return to inventory) or other sales options.
- Protect returned product from damage throughout the returns/inspection process
- If product is being placed back into stock, ensure they are packaged and labeled for resale according to Hinkley standards.
- Monitor return levels by customer and notifies Quality Manger and Customer Care of spikes in returns.
- Involved in the weekly tracking and monitoring of metrics such as inventory transactions in the returns process, RGA processing, item dispositions and more.
- Verify and make sure all miscellaneous parts orders are being processed in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Review parts history for reoccurring trends. Report trends to Quality Manager.
- Respond to Customer Care inquiries to solve customer issues (credit, replacement, repair parts, etc.).
- Pull BOM items from fixtures per request by Customer Care if replacement parts outages. Follows procedures for placing fixtures on hold so items being taken out of fixtures can be replaced once delivery of BOM items from supplier occur.
- Maintain the work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for the safe operation of powered industrial equipment in accordance with all Company rules.
- Maintain Security of the building and contents according to CTPAT.
- Follows safe work practices and maintains required level of housekeeping.
- May be required to assist in other related areas/departments such as open box area and Hinkley Outlet public sales
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Returns Supervisor & Quality Manager.
- Level and Type of Education Required: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Two (2) or more years of related distribution center experience.
NECESSARY SPECIALIZED TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Must be proficient on PC including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and have proven data entry skills.
- Ability to file documents accurately using alphabetical or numeric filing systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees and display a team-player attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Punctual and dependable attendance required
- Strong organization & planning skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once while adhering to deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a factory warehouse/distribution center environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.The employee may be exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable. May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shift from one station to another.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to walk and/or stand for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to talk and/or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of materials up to thirty (30) pounds.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.