Supply Chain Coordinator
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Department: Supply Chain
Report to: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Supply Chain Coordinator has a wide range of duties and is responsible for supporting the day-to-day Supply Chain business needs. Serving as the initial point of contact, this role handles inquiries from internal stakeholders such as the distribution center, sales, customer care, as well as external vendors. In addition to fielding questions, the position involves tasks like inputting essential supply chain data into our system, generating analytical reports for the Supply Chain team, and managing procurement duties. The position also provides backup and support for the department.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Handles the timely and accurate processing of all incoming shipping documentation, container tracking, and system-wide arrival dates.
- Run daily inventory reports for buyers from the ERP system and updates spreadsheets with monthly data, new forecast, new item information, and more.
- Continuously confirm and validate data to ensure adherence to technical and business rules, naming conventions, abbreviations, minimum order quantities, bill of material, etc.
- Liaison for all Hinkley departments on estimated delivery dates, special orders, and tracking information.
- Responsible for pulling and analyzing various reports such as, but not limited to, on-time delivery, price variance, transportation lead-time variance and more.
- Maintain accurate records of estimated delivery dates in our WMS/ERP system.
- Purchase goods for warehouse needs, office supplies, and lighting components.
- Provide shipping documentation and information to all carriers when needed (advanced shipping notification, invoices, HTS codes, etc.).
- Create and maintain all vendor supply chain information in the system, such as factory addresses, contact information, etc.
- Maintain all vendor pricing in the ERP system.
- Creates documentation such as work instructions and process flows for Hinkley’s Supply Chain standard operations and enhancements.
- Provides business with ad hoc reporting as directed.
- Collaborate with various functional areas to continually improve processes related to Supply Chain functions.
- Assist with purchasing and procurement as needed.
- Obtain broad knowledge of Hinkley’s Supply Chain team to provide timely and accurate responses to inquires both from internal stakeholders and outside vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Supply Chain Manager.
Level and Type of Education and Related Work Experience Required
- Must have an Associates degree in business, supply chain or related area of study plus two years of related work experience or 10+ years of related work experience.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Intermediate level or higher Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Prior ERP system experience (NetSuite Preferred), experience pulling and organizing report data
- Requires always working with integrity and confidentiality.
- Self-starter with demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects/tasks at once while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally, and in writing in English.
- Strong organization and planning skills with high attention to detail.
- Able to maintain solid rapport with team members.
- Must be dependable and reliable (excellent attendance).
- Adheres to Hinkley's core values.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment.
- Occasionally asked to assist in tasks outside of office environment (i.e.: distribution center).
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak).