Job Title: Supply Chain Analyst
Department: Supply Chain
Report to: Supply Chain Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Supply Chain Analyst is a key contributor to Hinkley’s Supply Chain Team, responsible for managing international vendors (particularly in APAC region). This role is responsible for communicating with the APAC team, managing vendor costs, delivery, quality, and service performance as well as negotiating and managing global freight contracts. The Supply Chain Analyst also oversees the trade compliance program with particular focus on CTPAT compliance. This position will be responsible for buying a product category which involves purchasing of goods, materials, and services and the associated follow-up required with ensuring timely order fulfillment.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for qualifying and managing international vendors in conjunction with the APAC team.
- Liaises with assigned customs brokers and government offices with relation to trade compliance and NVOCC partners to ensure freight moves on-time at the lowest possible cost.
- Conducts quarterly business review meetings with Global Suppliers and initiates corrective actions where performance fails to meet requirements.
- Manages yearly container transportation contracts and budgets.
- Manages yearly CTPAT documentation and follow-up assignments.
- Drive and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) including purchase price variance (PPV), annual cost savings, vendor on-time delivery performance, freight forwarder performance, CTPAT compliance, etc.
- Purchase Lighting/Fans sku’s, along with the supporting replacement and service parts from the suppliers to allow more effective buys and improved lead times.
- Manage and resolve issues related to PO to invoice discrepancies, returns, delivery delays and quality problems with suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to reduce overall lead times.
- Provides recommendations for process improvements.
- Provide support to the Supply Chain Manager as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Supply Chain Manager.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Statistics or related field required. Associates Degree with additional related work experience will be considered.
Related Work Experience Required
- Minimum 3 years related work experience including expertise in supply chain (prefer consumer good/products company experience)
- CTPAT familiarity and/or experience required.
- Experience liaising with CBP, and licensed customs brokers preferred.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Advanced Excel user (creating charts/graphs, pivot tables, etc.).
- Prior experience working with ERP systems.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical ability capable of understanding complex statistical models.
- High personal integrity and professionalism.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to rely on judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Results-oriented, takes pride in accountability.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing in English.
- Strong organization and planning skills; attention to detail.
- Able to maintain solid rapport with team members.
- Must be dependable and reliable (excellent attendance).
- Adheres to Hinkley core values.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment.
- Occasionally asked to assist in tasks outside of office environment (i.e.: distribution center).
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak).