- DEPARTMENT: eCommerce
- REVISION DATE: 11/2020
- REPORTS TO: eCommerce Sales Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley’s eCommerce team is growing again! Are you interested in working alongside a high-performing team? Read more about this great career opportunity:
Hinkley is located in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Qualified candidate can work remotely. Prefer candidates that reside near a major metropolitan airport. Preferred locations would be a major West coast city, Boston area or NYC area. Local Northeast Ohio candidates will also be considered.
The Strategic Account Manager – eCommerce will have a proven track record building revenue and profit with online retailers. This individual must thrive in the eCommerce space and have a strong sense of ownership and urgency that drives results. The eCommerce Strategic Account Manager is responsible for developing and leading the strategies necessary to achieve Hinkley’s eCommerce growth plans with key online retailers. The ideal candidate must have experience driving growth & share while increasing margin. This role will be responsible for building relationships and the day to day account management of assigned customers and categories.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of about 130 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER - eCOMMERCE ROLE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience; minimum 2 years of experience within the eCommerce channel.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Demonstrated deep understanding of online/digital channels to include online pricing and promotions, digital marketing, and eCommerce fulfillment.
- Strong business and financial acumen creating with broad business perspectives, proven ability to manage and measure work.
- Consistently manage, report and forecast business with high levels of accuracy
- Must be flexible to maximize business opportunities as they arise.
- Demonstrated ability to drive improvement of digital KPIs via a strong analytical mindset.
- Strong knowledge and experience of eCommerce account platforms and tools such Vendor/Seller Central, Edgenet, Salsify, IDM, Wayfair Extranet, etc.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain relationships with Key eCommerce accounts and merchants.
- Monitor and analyze competitive activities within the channel including price, promotion, new products and merchandising and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Establish and implement sales strategies to develop assigned accounts and product categories to drive profitable growth
- Responsible for product sell-in, assortment management, forecasting and sales to meet/exceed financial metrics
- Maintain an understanding of customer’s processes, strategies and financial metrics to communicate and collaborate with internal business partners to drive incremental business.
- Collaborate with Hinkley’s Digital Merchandising team to manage Digital Shelf to ensure Hinkley & Fredrick Raymond products are discovered and maximized for conversion.
- Create and communicate account performance scorecards by account. Track key operational metrics both internal and external in order to make data driven decisions.
- Assist with enforcement of Hinkley’s Authorized Online Seller Program which includes but not limited to Hinkley’s IMAP Policy.
- Adheres to Hinkley core values.
- Domestic travel required (up to 20%).
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the eCommerce Sales Manager.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.