Social Media Strategist
Job Title: Social Media Strategist
Report to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
The goal of the Social Media Strategist position is to help grow Hinkley’s family of brands visibility via social media campaigns and PR through proactive online engagement, content development, media outreach, responding to inbound media requests. Tracking and reporting will be a critical component to ensure ROI and influence data-driven marketing decisions. The Social Media Strategist will work closely with our marketing leadership team to execute and support strategic marketing plans that align to our business objectives. This role will assist the Marketing Director with external-facing public relations and social media efforts to grow media mentions and drive social media engagement across the Lark Brand. Coordinate the collection and circulation of quarterly media coverage and develop PR and social media reports and analyses. Requires a digital-savvy, creative writer and communicator who can skillfully support marketing campaigns with detailed planning and tactical execution.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of annual strategic marketing plans across Hinkley’s B2C and B2B channels. Using our Project Management tool, assist in project coordination across all channels of the business
- Prepare monthly, quarterly & yearly social media reports utilizing marketing software and digital platform insight and analysis tools (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok)
- Measure and report on goal-driving metrics utilizing established Marketing KPIs for Hinkley and Lark’s social media platforms; Instagram, Facebook & TikTok
- Build and maintain an engaged follower base that is brand loyal and leverages our partnerships
- Maintain Marketing content calendar for Hinkley and Lark to ensure all marketing campaigns are optimized through appropriate channels, platforms and business units
- Review, respond and report on user-generated comments, posts and escalating comments as needed, engaging the Customer Care team as needed
- Oversee outreach and engagement efforts with influencers and design collaborations
- Proactively suggest content opportunities for email campaigns, media opportunities, blog posts and other formats and maintain “idea bank” for editorial planning
- Fulfill editorial requests from trade and consumer publications as needed
- Post regularly on Hinkley’s LinkedIn page promoting Hinkley’s culture, employees, open positions and overall product line
- Measure and report on goal-driving metrics utilizing established Marketing KPIs for LinkedIn
- Implement email campaigns across all businesses of Hinkley and Lark. Ensure correct content is created, generate lists based on campaign, and thoroughly testing and approval of each email
- Generate monthly, quarterly and yearly email measurable results and provide strategic actions to increase efficiency and open rates
- Monitor and report on interior design, home décor and industry trends while simultaneously researching social media trends and competitors’ marketing initiatives across lifestyle and fashion brands to inform Hinkley’s outreach efforts
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Marketing.
Related Education and Work Experience Required
- BA in Marketing, Communications or related field strongly preferred
- 3-4 years of Social Media management experience/or related experience with an emphasis on brand voice
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Familiarity with PR and social media tools such as Monday.com and Hubspot
- Fluency of Microsoft Office applications required
- Ability to analyze and explain social media analytics, flexibility to re-strategize campaigns in real time, and understand their relation to business goals
- Strong writing and editing skills and high attention to detail
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to handle multiple projects and simultaneously set priorities to achieve measurable goals
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Responds effectively and appropriately to creative feedback
- Familiarity with and appreciation for interior design/home décor, fashion trends and media outlets preferred
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak).