Sales Support Specialist
Job Title: Sales Support Specialist
Reports to: Executive VP of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Sales Support Specialist contributes to maintaining excellent customer relationships while ensuring a smooth sales operations process. This integral member of the sales team provides support to the sales staff and other stakeholders to contribute to the achievement of sales targets, metrics, and strategic goals. The Sales Support Specialist helps coordinate sales department schedules/calendars and activities (including events, meetings, training, travel, etc.) for all Hinkley sales channels. This position will maintain contact with the sales and marketing team, and coordinate sales-related communications with other departments while effectively managing the day-to-day objectives and projects.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Act as a single point of contact and maintains communications between the sales, marketing, leadership, customer service, and other related departments as needed to ensure smooth sales operations. Deliver timely and effective updates to all identified stakeholders.
- Provides support for the Executive VP of Sales including but not limited to travel arrangements, calendar management, and meeting preparations.
- Provides support for sales and marketing-related events including but not limited to trainings, market events, meetings, customer visits, banquets, and incentive trips. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the scheduling and coordination of events, preparation of meeting space, materials (including presentations), agendas, IT support, catering, etc.
- Actively contributes to sales meetings and/or events, may document meeting minutes, and track progress on project milestones to track and resolve issues.
- May travel for sales meetings, events, and trainings as needed
- Provides administrative support for trade shows for the various sales channels. Trade show coordination may include (but not limited to): show registration, customer mailings, coordinating the booth shipment, swag fulfillment, tracking of expenses and the follow-up thank you notes, and lead processing.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate assistance to the sales team with quotes, sales reporting, maintaining rep contact lists, customer profiles, trip reporting, creating and maintaining spreadsheets and presentations, generating professionally written correspondence, and other administrative duties.
- Coordinates the requests for company swag. Communicates with marketing and supply chain regarding swag needs to ensure adequate inventory. Additionally provides Swag for all showrooms, events, tradeshows, etc.
- Provides support for sales promotions and incentive programs by maintaining project files, creating and sending surveys as well as collecting and analyzing results.
- Coordination of travel arrangements including hotel and transportation for meeting dates, trainings, market events, visits, etc. Communicates with outside travel vendors as needed to ensure the timely booking of business-related travel and adherence to company travel policies.
- Responsible for coordinating with the executives on ideas, recipients, shipping, etc. for Holiday gifts. May work cross-functionally with marketing for printed labels and with the Distribution Center for shipping.
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing to complete and send a monthly newsletter including sales items announcements and current events.
- Coordinate with Marketing for new releases, catalog shipments to customers, and sales reps. Partnering with the Distribution center for the kitting of printed materials and creating shipping lists for delivery to customer-based and sales representatives.
- Provides recommendations for process improvements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Executive Vice President of Sales.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Associates degree in business / management or technical training certification required. Additional years of experience may be considered if degree requirement not met.
Related Work Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience in a similar department coordinator support role.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Power user of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
- Attentive to department and stakeholder needs as demonstrated by rapid and high-quality responsiveness to requests.
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once while adhering to deadlines.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization & planning skills; attention to detail.
- Passion for excellence with respect to customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Able to maintain solid rapport with team members.
- Must be dependable and reliable (excellent attendance).
- Adheres to Hinkley core values.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak)