Regional Sales Manager (Eastern)
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Department: Sales & Marketing
Report to: Showroom Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for directing, coordinating and managing the sales representatives and sales of the organization's products in a specified region/geographical area. In addition, the position provides input in regard to marketing, products, and services. The Eastern Regional Sales Manager is accountable for regional top top-line growth and profitability in accordance with Hinkley’s business plans.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of sales representatives and their sales activity. Responsible for coaching and training to ensure the highest levels of service and performance. Holds sales representatives accountable to their respective sales goals. Takes corrective action when goals not performance not meeting expectations.
- Work with Showroom Sales Manager to implement sales strategies and ensure training procedures are followed.
- Maintains and expands customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Gathers feedback on showroom and trade trends and provides it to the Showroom Sales Manager.
- Develop an excellent understanding of Hinkley’s product lines and becomes knowledgeable in our industry including an understanding of competitive products. Utilizes this knowledge to implement our sales strategies.
- Represent the company in a highly professional manner consistent with the company’s image and values.
- Travel within the assigned region per approved plan as required by Showroom Sales Manager. Estimated travel is 26 weeks per year. Responsible for the timely submittal of monthly trip/status reports.
- Participate in corporate sales meetings and councils. (Both in-person and virtual)
- Travel and attend required industry events with a focus on networking and driving new business opportunities. May attend American Lighting Association (ALA) conference, uses ALA to keep abreast of industry news.
- Recommends and implements sales strategies based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Analyze and monitor customer data and market data and prepares timely reports based on customer information and development trends. Reviews analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Collaborates with Marketing by providing input on advertising efforts, printed materials, and overall marketing plans.
- Provides guidance to Product Development by providing competitive input (literature, promotions, pricing, product)
- Implements and executes Sales forecast to sales representatives directed by the Senior Showroom Manager.
- Budget responsibility for the region, including travel.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Showroom Sales Manager.
- Exercises supervision over assigned representatives in the region.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, or a related field.
Related Work Experience Required
- At least 5+ years of sales management experience in the lighting industry with proven field sales experience and results.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience at a management/supervisory level.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Ability to motivate, inspire and lead a professional sales team.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, time management (ability to set and prioritize goals), and interpersonal skills.
- Competence in statistical analysis and database management.
- Ability to tactfully present information during presentations to executives
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- ERP/ CRM software experience required.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Positive personality and demeanor.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Substantial domestic travel, minimum 50% of the time.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment - While traveling, the environment will vary (airports, showrooms, hotels, etc.)
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak).