Position Description: Product Development Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Decorative Product
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Product Development Administrator will provide overall support to the Product and Design team for the daily operational function of the department. Works closely with multiple product managers providing coordination to ensure critical stage gates are met across several development timelines and calendars. Working with multiple internal and external teams will require a highly organized individual with excellent communication skills.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in New Product Introduction efforts, support process from concept inception through final production approvals.
- Working with the Product Managers, manages and updates the master Excel file, to ensure the product data and information is updated in a timely manner, is current and accurate.
- Provide reporting and data analysis (scheduled and ad-hoc) to support product management initiatives.
- Support Product Management Team in researching and analyzing competitive information including new introductions, sku cross-over, pricing and features and benefits.
- Assist in proofing marketing materials.
- Provides clear, accurate and timely communication on release changes to ensure all necessary departments are provided with the necessary information.
- Drives daily communication with cross functional teams related to product information and deadlines.
- Leads bi-weekly cross functional production meetings with product development, sales/marketing and supply chain.Responsible for meeting agenda and minutes and driving meeting effectiveness.
- Responsible for coordinating project calendar and related deadlines with overseas Hinkley team and overseas vendors.
- Tracks, organizes, and coordinates samples and finish standards from external suppliers. Assists with unpacking samples and staging as needed.
- Works with Product Managers to create and/or update PowerPoint presentations for various meetings.
- Support team during critical millstones (development, edits, market prep, post market).
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Decorative Product.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business related field or Associate’s Degree in business related field with additional 5+ years of experience.
Related Work Experience Required
- 5+ years of professional experience in similar product admin role and/or project coordinator role.
- Prior experience with software systems such as: ERP, PLM, PIM etc. required.
- Prior data analytics experience preferred (ex: BI, Qlik, etc.)
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced skills in both Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to multi-task with excellent organization skills
- Ability to work independently – must be a self-starter.
- Ability to meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment
- Occasionally assist in tasks outside of office environment (i.e. unpacking and staging product samples)
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak)