- DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
- REVISION DATE: 11/2020
- REPORTS TO: Human Resource Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley is looking for an experienced Human Resource generalist with a passion for their work. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, works well in a fast-paced environment and enjoys HR responsibility where they will assist with a variety of HR related tasks. The HR Assistant must work well in a collaborative environment and is build and maintain relationships across the entire Hinkley employee team. This person must also understand the importance of integrity and confidentiality.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL HAVE:
- 2-4 years of human resources administration experience required.
- Experience with HRIS systems (ADP) required.
- Associates degree in Human Resources or management.
- Previous payroll experience helpful but not required.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Must exercise critical-thinking methods to identify and solve problems
- Self- motivated with ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once while adhering to deadlines.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be dependable and reliable (excellent attendance).
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for assisting the Human Resource Manager with all HR functions including but not limited to talent acquisition, regulations, benefits, employee relations, training, communications, HR policy and employee engagement (events, recognition, etc.). The HR Assistant will be the first contact for employee inquiries related to pay, benefits and more. Will help drive Hinkley’s core values throughout the organization. This role will also be the backup to the Payroll Administrator and will be responsible for the accurate preparation and execution of payroll via the payroll software system in the absence of the Payroll Administrator.
- Responsible for the accurate maintenance of data in company’s payroll / HRIS systems.
- Streamline HR processes and procedures; recommend and implement changes and provide solutions.
- Enforces the hourly attendance policy by maintaining accurate electronic attendance records, issuing written attendance warnings and tracking their timely return.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate employee personnel files including the timely filing of HR paperwork.
- Compiles reports from payroll / HRIS system as required and/or requested.
- Ensures accurate documentation is maintaining for HR procedures.
- Assists HR Manager with recruitment including candidate correspondence, interview scheduling, background and reference check completion and coordination and offer letters.
- Responsible for new hire onboarding scheduling, onboarding materials and recommending improvements to the program. May also handle the HR portion of the onboarding process.
- Assists with benefits by pulling monthly invoices from vendor online systems, verifying invoices, making employee benefit changes as needed, researching employee benefit issues as they arise, etc.
- Assist HR Manager with the annual performance review process.
- Responsible for FMLA compliance and administration.
- EEO annual reporting and compliance.
- Leads the company’s activities committee and community service events planning. Helps drive employee engagement and recognition.
- Monitors PTO including verifying that PTO requests are entered on a timely basis and approved accurately. Calculates PTO earned for existing employees at the start of the year and for new hires.
- Assists employees with payroll, vacation and benefits self-service programs.
- Handles employee relations issues and investigations as needed.
- Acts as backup to the Payroll Administrator. When needed will be responsible for monitoring all payroll activity and the timely and accurate execution of a bi-weekly payroll for both salaried and hourly employees.
- Completes requests for verifications of employment including employee financial reporting purposes.
- Adheres to and helps drive Hinkley’s core values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.