Job Title: Graphic Designer
Report to: Creative Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
As a member of the Design Team within the Marketing Department, the Graphic Designer works directly with department heads and is able to lead digital, print and experiential efforts from concept to completion. This position requires a high level of initiative and a keen eye for detail with great design aesthetic and style.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Works with Marketing Director and Art Director to develop creative campaigns across all forms of media (print and digital) based on strategy and objectives within visual brand guidelines
- Collaborates on creative content development; prepares and presents design concepts based on sales and marketing initiatives
- Brainstorms concepts, mocks up design ideas, and presents to Directors
- Responsible for creating the aesthetics, visual design and/or layout of artwork to support the brand
- Collaborates with Directors to plan, organize and execute assigned projects
- Works with external vendors (communicates with printers, web developers, production departments) as needed to ensure swift and efficient resolutions related to design, technical and printing challenges
- Assist in coordination of photo shoots, video production and other visual assets used in marketing efforts
- Projects include but are not limited to concepting and executing website, blog and social media content, photo + video shoots, email campaigns, catalogs and sales literature, advertising, inner-office promotional materials, product marketing materials, trade show and showroom preparation and infographic development
- Maintains knowledge of Hinkley product, including styles and specifications
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Creative Director.
Level and Type of Education Required
- BA or BFA with a Degree in Graphic Design or related area strongly preferred
- 3-4 years of design experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) on a Mac Platform
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (particularly Power Point, Excel and Word)
- Experience in CMYK print production process
- Portfolio required as part of the application process
Necessary Work Experience, Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- The initiative to bring ideas to the table to drive personal, team and company growth
- A positive team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional eye for engaging visuals with a strong passion for photography, video, typography and color theory
- Attention to detail and organization with the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects and simultaneously set priorities in order to meet deadlines and achieve required specifications
- Responding effectively and appropriately to creative and professional feedback
- Familiarity with and passion for interior decor, product design and trends in consumer marketing
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak)