- DEPARTMENT: Distribution Center
- POST DATE: 06/2020
- REPORTS TO: Distribution Center Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley, a leader in the lighting industry, is searching for an Assembly Production Supervisor to lead the daily production operations of our Value-Added Department. This role will report to the Manager of Quality & Production Assurance and will lead a team of 20+ assembly production employees. We are looking for a hands-on leader who will demonstrate leadership, set an example and utilize their skills along with the team’s knowledge to solve problems and meet company goals and objectives.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of just over 130 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
NECESSARY SPECIALIZED TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITIES:
- Specialized knowledge in receiving and distribution
- Hands-on work ethic.
- Coaching, leading and mentoring skills.
- Ability to address performance and employee relations issues, conflict resolution and problem-solving.
- Driven, with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High degree of integrity including ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Maintains a positive, open and objective attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
The Distribution Center Supervisor will lead the second shift team consisting of order pickers, packers, CDC Admin and shipping coordinators. This role is hands-on and will supervise all operations in the Distribution Center to ensure the safe and timely meeting of shipping goals. Responsible for learning all aspects of the DCj; acts as a backup to all roles when necessary. The DC Supervisor will recruit, onboard and train new hires and provide development and feedback for existing staff to ensure the efficient operation of the shipping function.
- Supervises the daily activity of the distribution center team to ensures that customer orders are shipped according to Company goals.
- Responsible for workflow planning, delegating job assignments, training, ensuring quality standards are met and safety protocols are followed.
- Drive accountability to systems, policies, and procedures.
- Identify, drive, mentor, and implement projects that improve overall production.
- Responsible for learning all aspects of the DC, acts as a backup to all roles when necessary.
- Responsible for providing timely and effective feedback to employees: coaching, counseling, and disciplining of employees.
- Maintains open communication regarding shipping results and issues as needed to DC Manager and day shift DC Supervisor.
- Review existing processes and create new standards when required.
- Responds to inquiries from order entry, Customer Care, Sales, etc.
- Maintains DC related facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to equipment when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Maintains the security of the building and contents according to C-TPAT polices and procedures.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Distribution Center Manager.
- Supervises Distribution Center team.
LEVEL AND TYPE OF EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Associates degree in business, supply chain or other related field.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of four (4) years related distribution center work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a leadership role.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.