Decorative Product Manager
Job Title: Decorative Product Manager
Reports to: Decorative Product Director
Department: Product Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Product Manager is responsible for maintaining existing and executing new product initiatives. This position is responsible for the management of the assigned decorative product portfolios. In this role, the Product Manager has the responsibility of creating and supporting strategic product development initiatives. The Product Manger must work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Data Management, Finance, Engineering, Suppliers and Operations to ensure the successful planning and execution of all Decorative product releases.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
Plans and carries out new product launches in coordination with key stakeholders.
Ensures products are developed within deadlines to meet company and customer objectives.
Reviews sales history and performance of products within category, summarizing conclusions on how products performed and communicating summary across departments.
Owns product lifecycle strategy for product offering.
Owns the development of product plans and design briefs.
Develop a complete understanding of the competitive landscape including innovation, products, pricing, trends, and market share.
Collaborates with marketing to create literature and support materials for both internal and external stakeholders.
Collaborate closely with engineering, supply chain, marketing and sales teams on the development and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the organization.
Provides Supply Chain new release product forecasts.
Establishes and maintains key relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects and/or new products.
Work with Data team to maintain up to date specs and product content.
Recommend strategies to improve market position.
Assist in training sales team, customer service, and external customers through the use of video and in person presentations as needed.
May assist with the assembly and installation of decorative product related samples.
Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Decorative Product Director.
- May travel to trade show(s) and/or product setup events (up to two (2) weeks per year).
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing required.
- Solid understanding of lighting industry preferred, however other industry experience such as home decor will be considered.
Related Work Experience Required
- 5+ years’ experience as Product Manager required (if less than 5 years, prior project management and/or marketing work experience may be considered).
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
Experienced in researching similar markets, consumers’ behavior, and marketing techniques and using data analysis to gain business intelligence to empower product decision-making and process/product improvements.
Experience preparing and delivering clear, concise, professional presentations.
Self-motivated with a proven record of success working in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience working with suppliers, customers and sales reps.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment.
- May work in showroom, photo studio or other non-office area when processing sample products or setting up for photo shoots.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to stand, bend, climb as needed for product assembly and/or install.
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak).