Customer Care Manager
Report to: Customer Care Manager
Department: Customer Care
FLSA Status: Exempt
Guides the customer care team to provide effective and swift resolution to customer issues with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. Observes and evaluates the performance of team and provides timely feedback to drive results. Manages the process of determining freight claims, warranty, pricing, credit card processing, quality, changes in logistics, discontinuance, shipping issues, RGA’s, orders, calls in que and live chat to ensure excellent customer satisfaction. Responsible for developing, communicating, and monitoring departmental goals in conjunction with the Customer Care Manager. Identifies opportunities to drive process improvements that increase productivity, efficiency and positively impact the customer’s experience.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Guide the customer care team to provide effective and swift resolution to customer issues with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. Observes and evaluates the performance of team and provides timely feedback to drive results.
- Analyzes customer satisfaction levels and call data, including but not limited to interactions (calls, chats, hold times, log in/out times) for trends to provide actionable insights. Communicate to appropriate parties to help identify opportunities to drive process improvements that increase productivity, efficiency and positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of the customer care team. Ensures team is up to date on product training, customer service skills training and more. Works with internal subject matter experts to schedule training.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of all customer care standard operating procedures (SOPs), FAQs, etc. that drive strong customer service (i.e. Customer Care Operations Manual). Provides timely and effective training on all customer care related policies and procedures.
- Helps develop standardized customer service-related training in Learning Management System (LMS).
- Works with Human Resource team to review candidate resumes, conduct effective interviews and advise on selection to build a high-performing team.
- Develop, drive and measure key performance metrics/goals, in conjunction with the Customer Care Manager. Accountable for all metrics related to customer service. Reviews results with CC Manager on ongoing basis.
- Supervises daily operations of team including leading team meetings, scheduling resources (PTO coordination, reviewing current schedules for any changes needed, etc.). Conducts written employee evaluations in accordance with policy.
- Handles escalated quality, shipping or warranty issues with proper internal or external department(s). Refers complaints of service or product failure with appropriate back-up date to appropriate departments for investigation.
- Keep records of escalated customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken into CRM software (myHinkley).
- Monitors the process for replacement part orders from all channels and avenues.
- Ensures incoming customer service mailbox is monitored and assigned in a timely manner.
- Monitors the return goods allowance (RGA) process including issuing RGA’s, reviewing all RGA’s submitted and providing approvals to credit department. Reviews all buy-back stock adjustment requests.
- Develops a substitution recommendation process to serve customers when inventory is discontinued or in short supply.
- Work with cross functional departments including Quality, Product Development, Engineering and Sales providing input to enhance product improvements and warranty cost reductions.
- Adhere to Hinkley core values.
Works under the general direction and guidance of the Customer Care Manager.
Provide direction to Customer Care Representatives.
Level and Type of Education Required
Associates degree in business / management or technical training certification required. Additional years of Customer Service Supervisory experience may be considered if degree requirement not met.
Related Work Experience Required
- 4+ years supervisory and/or management experience required (preferably in a customer service or call center environment).
- 3 - 5 years of customer service experience required in similar industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel), ERP systems and Customer Relationship Management software (CRM).
- Experience with LED systems (integrated and lamped) preferred.
- Knowledge of basic electrical systems preferred.
- Knowledge of dimming/control systems preferred.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Driven, with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to work under pressure, be organized and meet deadlines.
- Coaching, leading and mentoring skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- High level of technical / mechanical aptitude.
- Hands-on work ethic.
- Skilled in addressing performance and employee relations issues and conflict resolution.
- High degree of integrity including ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing in English.
- Must be dependable and reliable (excellent attendance).
Travel as required up to one week per year.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak)