- DEPARTMENT: Marketing
- REVISION DATE: 08/2020
- REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley is looking for an experienced Channel Marketing Manager with a passion for their work. This position is an extension of the sales department, tasked with creating strategic initiatives that bring awareness to the Hinkley brand and generate sales. This position will be deeply knowledgeable about the various audiences among the showroom, landscape, fan, and hospitality channels in order to develop targeted messaging across all mediums, understanding that each channel will function and operate differently. This role plans and executes marketing communication strategies collaboratively formulated in partnership with the Marketing Director.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspires confidence in our products and our brand.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop data-driven strategic marketing communications plans for each channel that align with overall business goals.
- Manage budgets for all marketing communications initiatives across all B2B channels, including media buy, sponsorships and software subscriptions (Cision, e-Marketer, etc.).
- Define goals for each marketing communications initiative across all B2B channels including email marketing, digital advertising, website traffic and media relations.
- Create master content calendar in quarterly intervals across all B2B channels.
- Write and edit all marketing and sales material including brochure copy, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Organize and negotiate yearly media/advertising plans for all channels, including both print and digital.
- Manage email marketing programs across all B2B channels, including content development, subscriber lists and scheduling.
- Conduct ongoing media pitching for new products and initiatives across all channels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce effective sales and promotional materials.
- Form relationships with key internal stakeholders, including positions within the sales, customer care and product development teams.
- Work with Web Administrator to implement tracking and reporting methods for marketing initiatives.
- Present marketing materials to C-Suite-level stakeholders.
- Attend tradeshows on behalf of each channel.
- Commission and conduct market research when necessary.
- Explore and evaluate B2B social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Report on B2B advertising, earned media and website results by channel.
- Works under the general guidance of the Marketing Director.
EDUCATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BA in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field required.
- Must have at least 7+ years of experience in a marketing communications, channel leadership or a similar role.
NECESSARY SPECIALIZED TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills are a MUST, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- Relationship and contract management skills for advertising partners, trade show event contacts, journalists, editors, etc.
- Possesses teamwork/collaboration, leadership and facilitation skills.
- Digital savviness; experienced and knowledgeable about all current and new digital marketing communication channels and tools (email campaigns, websites, social media, analytics).
- Strong knowledge of AP Style and expert internet research skills.
- Fluency of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees at all levels.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to lead the completion of projects including planning, delegating, monitoring and reviewing progress, followed by evaluating results, etc.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of analytics and insights.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- Domestic travel, 2-3 trips per year (tradeshows, showrooms, etc.).
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.