- DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
- POST DATE: 01/2022
- REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Are you interested in working alongside a high-performing team? A member of Hinkley’s Supply Chain has a passion for meeting demands and ensuring the right product goes to the right place at the right time. After all, our stellar reputation is based on not just achieving but exceeding our customer’s needs. We look for professionals with purchasing/supply chain experience, forecasting, knowledge of demand planning and inventory management, and excellent analytical and Excel skills. A member of this team must be highly collaborative and 100% focused on performance while improving the customer experience. Our Supply Chain group collaborates with a broad spectrum of Hinkley teammates to support and continually improve the overall organization of inventory in the facility and supports the day-to-day operations and logistics. These high-performing individuals manage and continually refine our supply chain process to continually drive efficiencies, streamline operations and ensure our future success.
Read more about this great career opportunity:
The Senior Buyer purchases goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met and customer service targets for product availability are maintained. This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and includes some team leadership responsibility. The job holder will take responsibility for specific projects and/or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility. The role will be focused on materials planning and purchase order management. This role is a process owner of the inventory replenishment processes and contributor to the demand planning process. The Senior Buyer is cross-functionally involved in supply planning, production scheduling, and forecasting functions. Responsible for reviewing sales and finished goods inventory data and advising of unexpected trends and/or inventory balances.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position will require several days working on-site in our offices but it does have the flexibility for up to 2 days per week remote after training period complete.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field or commensurate experience required.
- CPIM certified preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Supply Chain/Purchasing/Logistics.
- Knowledge of Demand Planning, inventory management, MS Excel, MRP, DRP.
- Global Sourcing (Asian suppliers) experience preferred.
- C-TPAT experience a plus.
- Must have strong negotiation skills as well as excellent analytical abilities.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, sense of urgency, independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact with functional departments, plants, and suppliers. Excellent team working skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing in English.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage inventory to achieve both customer fill rate targets and inventory turn goals.
- Place and review Purchase Orders with suppliers (weekly).
- Manage existing supplier relationships. Work with suppliers to resolve delivery, quality, and pricing issues in a timely manner.
- Manage supplier relationships by working closely to resolve delivery delays and reduce overall lead times.
- Responsible for making accurate and timely updates to pricing, lead times and SKU information in system.
- Monitor and analyze monthly supplier scorecards and supply chain dashboard.
- Communicate accurate and timely data to Sales, Customer Care, Quality and Shipping departments.
- Ensure accurate master data integrity in Macola system.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement cost savings and/or continuous improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as directed by the Supply Chain Director.
Works under the general direction and guidance of the Supply Chain Director
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.