Job Title: Returns Associate
Report to: Returns/Resale Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A Hinkley Returns Associate is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of returned products. In this role, an employee may perform one or more of the following functions including receiving returned products, inspection, documentation, packaging, parts handling, responding to customer care inquiries, quality assurance, and more.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform an efficient and detailed inspection of all returned merchandise. Compare returned merchandise with original requisition to record information such as quantity, type of defect, and date on the invoice or other forms.
- Accurately document findings of the above inspection in Hinkley’s computer system and complete all required steps of the returns process.
- Evaluate and determine the disposition for the returned item: restock (if it meets all Hinkley quality standards), scrap for parts (ensures correct parts location or if BOM item, label and return to inventory), or other sales options.
- Protect returned products from damage throughout the returns/inspection process.
- If a product is being placed back into stock, ensure they are packaged and labeled for resale according to Hinkley standards.
- Monitor return levels by the customer and notify Quality and Customer Care of spikes in returns.
- Involved in the weekly tracking and monitoring of metrics such as inventory transactions in the returns process, RGA processing, item dispositions, and more.
- Verify and make sure all miscellaneous parts orders are being processed in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Review parts history for reoccurring trends. Report trends to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Respond to Customer Care inquiries to solve customer issues (credit, replacement, repair parts, etc.)
- Pull BOM items from fixtures per request by Customer Care if replacement parts outages. Follows procedures for placing fixtures on hold so items being taken out of fixtures can be replaced once delivery of BOM items from the supplier occurs.
- Maintain the work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for the safe operation of powered industrial equipment in accordance with all Company rules.
- Maintain Security of the building and contents according to CTPAT.
- Follows safe work practices and maintains the required level of housekeeping.
- May be required to assist in other related areas/departments such as open box area and Hinkley Outlet public sales.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Returns/Resale Supervisor.
Level and Type of Education Required
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Related Work Experience Required
- Two (2) or more years of related distribution center experience.
Necessary Work Experience, Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Must be proficient on PC including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have proven data entry skills.
- Ability to file documents accurately using alphabetical or numeric filing systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees and display a team-player attitude.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Punctual and dependable attendance is required.
- Strong organization & planning skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once while adhering to deadlines.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work in a warehouse and perform work in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Noise level is usually moderate (industrial lift truck equipment).
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard.
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak).