Product Data Specialist
- DEPARTMENT: Product Development
- REPORTS TO: Project Management Planner
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Product Data Specialist is responsible for execution of Hinkley’s Product data governance policy. This role is a key member of the Product Data team and drives Hinkley’s data quality process for our decorative and technical product. They will partner with all segments and across sales, information technology, marketing, and other teams to ensure data integrity for needs ranging from pricing to features and benefits. The Product Data Specialist must have experience developing data strategy, defining process and managing and documenting workflows as they build and maintain key relationships. This person is someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities and possess a passion for data.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross departmental teams to drive the definition, prioritization and implementation of data initiatives. Embeds a data-driven mindset across the organization (e.g. mentor and educate data users as needed on the company’s data processes and policies)
- Recommends, develops and implements best in class data management practices.
- Develop effective relationships with business areas to oversee the delivery of data-related services to the organization.
- Act as an expert for product data, ensures the data catalog, data dictionary, and integrity rules for the company are accurate and up to date in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Facilitate discussions around the impact of changes to data.
- Educate product managers and others on the consideration and understanding of data and impact to data early in the product development process and drive them towards process improvements.
- Document and deploy consistent data governance policies (company-wide data definitions, processes, and ownership).
- Audit data to established policies and ensure timely and open communication about product data issues and fixes.
- Support the decorative and technical product lines with project management as needed in order to achieve on-time and on-budget goals.
- Collaborates with the Project Management Planner to effectively communicate development flow and key target dates in order to minimize risks and fulfill deliverables.
- Creation and management of the master data spreadsheet as well as product data templates for all product lines.
- Prepare pricing and margin information for product management’s product line review.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of a PLM system.
- Perform back up duties to the Product Data Coordinator including pricing management, data management and the sample tracking process as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Project Management Planner.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or technical discipline required or Associate’s degree with 2 additional years of work experience.
Related Work Experience Required
- 3-5 years of hands-on professional experience in a data management role or a role with significant responsibility involving documentation, data analysis or database systems.
- Prior experience with PLM system.
- Solid ERP experience
- Excel expert /advanced user.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Passion and interest in Data Quality, with demonstrated precision and attention-to-detail in solving problems
Excellent attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once while adhering to deadlines.
- Experience developing business process flows, data standards and definitions.
Able to maintain solid rapport with team members.
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Self-motivated; successful operating under moderate supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing in English.
- Solid understanding of the lighting / Ceiling Fan industry is a plus.
- Adheres to Hinkley core values.
Tools and Equipment Used
The occupant is expected to freely operate the following tools and equipment: personal computer (including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs), printer, telephone, copier.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Occasionally may be asked to assist in tasks outside of an office environment.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.