- DEPARTMENT: Marketing
- REPORTS TO: Web Administrator
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley’s Magento Software Developer is responsible for developing and successfully implementing various tasks, projects and initiatives related to Hinkley’s Adobe Magento eCommerce platform. Serves as a subject matter expert throughout the organization on eCommerce platform questions and troubleshooting efforts. Understands our unique business and technical requirements and facilitates communications on the most appropriate solution design. Duties include analysis, technical design, development, and testing. Stays abreast of the latest software development technologies to develop and drive solutions to ensure best in class web product. Developer should also be able to work with outside teams in delivering new code as well as reviewing and approving developed code.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of about 130 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position will require several days working on-site in our offices but it does have the flexibility for up to 2 days per week remote.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL HAVE:
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the day-to-day performance of the eCommerce platform and associated integrations to ensure that speed and up-time are maintained at optimal levels at all times.
- Performs Magento customizations and custom module development.
- Identifies, recommends and executes on opportunities in site infrastructure, product features, on-page optimization, site speed and other ways where platform can beutilized to gain better efficiency, build intuitive customer experiences, impact user engagement and/or improve features. Recommendations may come from analytics, user experience, testing and/or development.
- Integrates Hinkley data and imports it into Magento database using API’s and AWS cloud platforms.
- Codes using test-driven development (TDD) and follow a user-centered design process, UI/UX integration experience.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding and establishes required tests for operational controls.
- Takes action to troubleshoot and correct problems encountered with Magento platform within authority level granted.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to create and/or update Magento themes from design mock-ups.
- Ensures Magento eCommerce website complies with web standards and accessibility requirements.
- Acts as project coordinator with third-party website vendor(s) to ensure projects are defined, on track and tested.
- Defines and documents best practices with Magento architecture. Develop functional requirements documentation in the form of user stories, process flows, and user acceptance criteria.
- Serves as a subject matter expert throughout the organization on eCommerce platform questions and troubleshooting efforts.
- Manages the migration /development of the product catalog.
- Drives integrations and consult on data infrastructure.
- Integrates 3rd party services into Magento with API
- Improves ISN Service offerings, processes, methodologies, and support business development efforts.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
Supervision Received: Works under the general direction and guidance of the Web Administrator and the Marketing Director.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Associate degree in information technology / computer science or related field required or equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Current Developer certification in the Magento 2 platform preferred or ability to obtain such certification within 3-6 months of hire (training support provided by Hinkley).
Related Work Experience Required
- Four (4) years Magento 2 developer experience with Magento cloud and PHP programming language
- Object oriented programming
- Relational Database experience
- 4 years of experience with Microsoft SQL server OR equivalent relational database
- Experience with Structured query language (SQL) in writing stored procedures, functions, and table design.
- Plugin/Theme development/ API.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Understanding of Performance Tuning, Browser Compatibility, SEO Practices, and Version Control.
- Strong code testing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Git-based source control.
- Creating new APIs and integrating with external.
- Strong understanding of Magento system architecture, design, theming, templating & functionality enhancements.
- Experience with complete eCommerce lifecycle development preferred.
- Proven project coordination skills with adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. Able to articulate more complex processes in common language to business users.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude and patience.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.