IT Project Coordinator
- DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
- REPORTS TO: IT Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The IT Project Coordinator is responsible for the accountability and completion of Information Technology projects/initiatives. This position is responsible for allocating resources and maintaining schedules to ensure timely completion and stakeholder satisfaction. Oversees multiple projects across all phases of development/project life cycle. Monitors project workflow, budget and timeline. Works as part of an interdisciplinary team to achieve project milestones. Creates and issues status reports, proposals and requirements documents. Coordinates with stakeholder(s) to gather requirements and manage expectations. Coordinates and conducts end user training. Also responsible for successful development, testing, implementation, and documentation while following IT policy.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of about 135 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position will require working on-site in our offices. Once person is fully trained the role may have flexibility for 1 day per week of remote work.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and generous Hinkley product discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in project management.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in IT environment required.
- Experience working independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to conceptualize and document system flows, process flows, and technical specifications.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure or opposition.
- Ability to work with people possessing different levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to lead the design through implementation phases of the applications development life cycle.
- Ability to lead multiple concurrent projects and direct internal and external resources. Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support IT projects from inception to completion, coordinating among various stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with project teams and process owners to support them to improve their project performance and delivery.
- Ensures excellent communication with stakeholders throughout the entire project timeline.
- Analyze project proposals to determine timeframe, funding/budgets, staffing needs and appropriate process for accomplishing project.
- Documents project scope, technical and project documentation, requirements, work breakdown structures, and follows formal change management processes for scope changes.
- Responsible for ensuring the completeness of documentation, testing, and data integrity.
- Lead/conduct regular planning and status meetings with project teams. Monitor project activities, escalating issues to obtain support from leadership when needed to keep project on track.
- Compiling project status reports, coordinating project schedules, managing project meetings, and identifying and resolving technical problems.
- Gathering and publishing/reporting defined metrics data relating to project attributes.
- Conducts post implementation reviews and provides feedback on standards and lessons learned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the IT Director.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.