- DEPARTMENT: IT
- REVISION DATE: 12/2020
- REPORTS TO: IT Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley’s IT team is expanding. Are you interested in working alongside a high-performing team? This is a great opportunity to grow and gain exposure to the entire Hinkley operation. Read more about this great career opportunity:
Hinkley is located in the Cleveland, Ohio area. This job is at the company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. It requires the person to be onsite.
The IT Application Support is responsible for providing onsite and remote technical application support in a timely and professional manner. They will resolve issues related to (but not limited to) the following hardware and/or systems: ERP, CRM and WMS. This position will handle the diagnosis and resolution of these issues to support business continuity. This is a level one ticketed support position.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of about 130 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL HAVE:
- Associate degree in an Information Technology discipline required (a Bachelor’s degree in an IT discipline preferred).
- 2+ years of IT Application Support or Help Desk experience required.
- Experience with Macola is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate with internal groups.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of audio/video technologies.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Positive attitude and patience.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and assign requests received through the myHinkley IT helpdesk.
- Respond quickly and effectively torequests received through the myHinkley IT helpdesk: investigate user problems and determine their sources, determine possible solutions and test those in order to implement solutions; maintain records, logs and reports of assistance in myHinkley.
- Resolve level one issues/ problems and escalate issues to other IT staff when necessary.
- Engage with Business Partners to resolve support tickets.
- Install, configure and maintain client software applications.
- Assist with onboarding and set up of new users; provide training on IT policies, phone logins and Company intranet (myHinkley).
- Provide Support for any video and collaborations issues.
- Participates in Disaster Recovery and Cybersecurity procedures.
- Participate in projects as needed and adhere to project plans.
- Assist and provide backup coverage for Help Desk support functions.
- Adheres to and helps drive Hinkley’s core values.
- Perform other duties and activities as directed.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the IT Director
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.