Human Resource Generalist / Recruiter
- DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
- POST DATE: 01/2022
- REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley is looking for a passionate and highly motivated full-time HR Generalist/Recruiter for our company HQ in Avon Lake, OH. The HR Generalist/Recruiter is responsible for full cycle recruiting and onboarding and offering general support of the Human Resources department. This position requires a well-rounded HR generalist who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The HR Generalist/Recruiter must have significant recruitment experience. Acts as an innovative change agent with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position will require working on-site in our offices but it does have the flexibility for 1 day remote work per week after training period complete.
Hinkley’s HR Generalist/Recruiter will lead Hinkley’s talent acquisition efforts including attracting and hiring the most qualified candidates while growing a strong candidate pipeline. Reporting directly to the HR Manager, this important role will also support and carry out responsibilities focused in functional areas including (but not limited to): employee relations, performance management, employee on-boarding, policy implementation, benefits administration, learning and development, safety, employment law compliance and more. The HR Generalist/Recruiter will assist in the review, development and implementation of company policies and ensure HR initiatives align with company goals and objectives.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for full life-cycle recruitment process, including requisitions, job postings, interviewing, coordinating with hiring managers, job offers, pre-employment screening and new-hire onboarding.
- Work as a strategic business partner with employees and leadership team to successfully deliver HR strategies that support the strategic goals of the business.
- Provide visible HR presence and solutions to support a culture of employee engagement with a focus on building strong communications between supervisors and employees.
- Support the continuing transformation of the HR processes to drive efficiency and best practices.
- Supports the delivery of key HR processes such as (but not limited to): employee relations, training, performance management, employee on-boarding, policy implementation, benefits administration, safety, employment law compliance and more.
- Investigate employee issues as needed to ensure appropriate resolution and documentation with a focus on conflict resolution and preventing recurrence. Handles sensitive issues with discretion and confidentiality.
- Collaborate with HR Manager and Marketing to develop and drive employment-branding initiatives.
- Develop, organize and facilitate company events including community service and recognition related activity in partnership with company activities committee.
- Handles annual EEO reporting and compliance.
- Serve as subject matter expert on HR related processes and procedures.
- Maintain records to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Track and report HR metrics and performance and take corrective action as needed.
- Assist with FMLA management.
- May assist in termination process including conducting exit interviews.
- May assist with unemployment and workers compensation as needed.
- Assist with various other related projects as needed.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Human Resource Manager.
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required. Associates degree will be considered with additional years of HR experience.
- HR Related Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) a plus
Related Work Experience Required
- 6+ years of human resources related experience with a strong focus in recruitment.
- Prior experience in a distribution or industrial environment with large hourly population a plus.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft Office products including Excel.
- Experienced with HRIS systems and other HR related technologies (LMS, ATS, etc.)
- Positive, collaborative demeanor
- Proactive in approach; shows ownership and drive.
- Able to achieve results and to manage multiple conflicting / changing priorities while adhering to deadlines.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Must exercise critical-thinking methods to identify and solve problems.
- Up to date knowledge of Human Resources related laws & regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Able to establish credibility and maintain solid rapport with team members at all levels.
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Ability to conduct internal investigations and manage conflict.
- Adheres to company’s core values.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of about 145 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and generous employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak)