Ecommerce Product Content Specialist
- DEPARTMENT: Ecommerce
- REPORTS TO: Director of eCommerce
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The eCommerce Product Content Specialist provides support for the eCommerce Business Unit. This position is responsible for managing and distributing product content related to Hinkley’s product portfolio for all brands. As a liaison between eCommerce customers and Hinkley, this role is responsible for providing timely and accurate information to facilitate new product sales and providing a positive brand experience to our eCommerce partners.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist eCommerce Content Merchandising Team with the execution of a holistic digital product content strategy for Hinkley’s eCommerce Channel; emphasis on deploying product content that is optimized for both consumer engagement and channel partner search algorithms.
- Data Entry: submit sku data details in multiple retailer proprietary systems including sku set up and ongoing maintenance. Sku content details include product families, marketing copy, marketing bullets, regulatory information, product images, videos and other assets.
- Contribute and participate alongside a high-performing team to ensure all products are launched with accurate, appropriate product content.
- Responsible for supporting the development, deployment & optimization of digital merchandising assets specific for Hinkley's eCommerce channel accounts. Strong emphasis on product copy, descriptions, bullet points, images, video, infographics, and technical documentation.
- Support syndication of product information through tools such as Salsify to strategic online partners.
- Audit and document existing processes across the organization for developing and deploying digital product content.
- Oversees Quality Assurance product copy and digital assets on key etailer sites.
- Create a system that efficiently leverages internal and external relationships to gather and product information (details, images, attribution, etc.) in a deadline driven environment.
- Analyze & review performance impact of digital content investments with key etailer accounts to determine customer impact and ROI.
- Optimize and own Hinkley’s digital product content scorecard to measure Hinkley’s progress onboarding & enriching product content.
- Leverage internal and external data sources to gather relevant industry benchmarks.
- Frequent collaboration with Brand Marketing, Sales, Customer Care and Engineering to support business goals.
- Support other related department and company projects as assigned.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Director of eCommerce.
Level and Type of Education Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Ideal candidate has college coursework in related area of study (Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Communications, or other equivalent related field).
Related Work Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, SEO, Copywriting, and retailer media experience.
- Preferred: Background in eCommerce and Product Information Management.
- Preferred: Experience with Salsify.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity around product content marketing with a passion for developing best-in-class content.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and a passion for excellence with respect to customer experience and satisfaction.
- A balanced skill set: excellent oral and written communication skills required as well as solid math, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization & planning skills; attention to detail.
- Proven team player comfortable working on multiple cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at once while adhering to deadlines.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.