- DEPARTMENT: Distribution Center
- REPORTS TO: Distribution Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The Distribution Center Supervisor will lead the second shift team consisting of order pickers, packers, order planners and shipping coordinators. This role is hands-on and will supervise all operations in the Distribution Center to ensure the safe and timely meetings of shipping goals. Responsible for learning all aspects of the DC; acts as a backup to all roles when necessary. The DC Supervisor will recruit, onboard and train new hires and temporary staff. They will provide development and feedback to existing staff to ensure the efficient operation of the shipping function. Reports to the Distribution Center Manager. Second shift schedule: Monday through Thursday, 3 pm – 1:30 am.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of about 135 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position will require working on-site in our offices. Once person is fully trained the role may have flexibility for 1 day per week of remote work.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and generous Hinkley product discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of four (4) years related distribution center work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a leadership role.
- Specialized knowledge in receiving and distribution.
- Hands-on work ethic.
- Coaching, leading and mentoring skills.
- Ability to address performance and employee relations issues, conflict resolution and problem-solving.
- Driven, with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High degree of integrity including ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Maintains a positive, open and objective attitude.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP software.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the daily activity of the distribution center team to ensures that customer orders are shipped according to Company goals.
- Responsible for workflow planning, delegating job assignments, training, ensuring quality standards are met and safety protocols are followed.
- Drive accountability to systems, policies, and procedures.
- Identify, drive, mentor, and implement projects that improve overall production.
- Responsible for learning all aspects of the DC, acts as a backup to all roles when necessary.
- Responsible for providing timely and effective feedback to employees: coaching, counseling, and disciplining of employees.
- Responds to inquiries from order entry, Customer Care, Sales, etc.
- Review existing processes and create new standards when required.
- Maintains open communication regarding shipping results and issues as needed to Distribution Manager and Distribution Center Supervisors on other shifts.
- Troubleshoot DC related scanning and voice picking equipment; replace or make adjustments to equipment when necessary. Coordinate equipment needs with IT department.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Maintains the security of the building and contents according to C-TPAT policies and procedures.
- Other duties as directed by the Distribution Manager.
- Provide leadership and direction to our 1st shift distribution center team.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Distribution Manager.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.