- DEPARTMENT: Customer Care
- REPORTS TO: Executive VP of Sales & Marketing
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The Customer Experience Leader will drive the customer to the forefront of everything we do. This role is responsible for defining and implementing a best-in-class customer experience strategy and approach to drive loyalty, retention and meaningful interactions throughout the customer journey. He/she will creates strategies by diving deep into customer journey data to gain actionable insights about the customer and drive continuous improvement to the customer experience. The Customer Experience Leader owns customer programs such as Hello Hinkley, Honors programs, price sheet process management, and other promotions. The Customer Experience Leader fosters a customer centric culture within the organization. They also lead the recruitment, training & development, and overall management of a dynamic customer care team. Reports to the Executive Vice-President of Sales & Marketing.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of about 135 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position will require working on-site in our offices. Once person is fully trained the role may have flexibility for 1 day per week of remote work.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and generous Hinkley product discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field required.
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in customer success, sales, operations, marketing, or customer experience leadership roles.
- Strong bias for action and results driven - ability to implement process through organization.
- A passion and proven track record for developing and driving initiatives that improve the customer experience and deliver business results.
- Possess strong knowledge and experience of experience design, service design, customer experience strategy, and customer journey mapping best practices
- Demonstrated experienced in analytics/data - Qlik, Google Analytics, CRM platforms, Excel.
- Experience implementing, tracking and optimizing customer journeys across multiple marketing channels.
- Excellent relationship building skills and knows how to influence working teams and key partners.
- Excellent project management skills. Able to organize and coordinate multiple stakeholders to deliver projects on time with high quality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to interface with sales, product management and leadership with ease.
- Superior presentation skills including handling complex business issues.
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills.
- A positive, open and objective attitude.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the customer experience through mapping the customer journey and develops a deep understanding of the voice of the customer.
- Identify key opportunities for building customer loyalty and improving customer touchpoints within the overarching customer journey.
- Collect and analyze customer data, including but not limited to interactions (calls, chats) for trends to provide actionable insights. Communicate to appropriate parties to develop and implement optimizations and improvements.
- Plan and develop customer experience standards and related policies and procedures that continue to drive our customer experience to levels that match our premium products.
- Build a persistent focus on improving the customer experience at Hinkley through active listening to the voice of the customer.
- Quickly dissect issues and develops practical solutions that are both forward-thinking and customer centric.
- Partner with marketing, sales, IT, industry contacts, and representatives to develop competitive business strategies for specific customer experience solutions.
- Develop, drive and measure key performance metrics such as customer satisfaction, customer retention, customer churn, volume trends, net promoter score, success of customer experience initiatives, and the overall health of the consumer experience. Accountable for all metrics related to customer experience.
- Collaborate with marketing to manage product registration strategy and the ways to monetize and build loyalty off consumer data.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Product Development, Engineering, and other subject matter experts to produce and disseminate customer service focused training programs to help improve business acumen of the customer care team.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for company-wide customer experience initiatives and communicates in an easy-to-understand way across different levels of the company.
- Guide the customer care team to provide effective and swift resolution to customer issues.
- Continually evaluate the performance of each customer facing employee and provide in the moment feedback to drive results.
- Collaborate with leadership team to understand business objectives and revenue goals to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Leverage best in class technology and operating system(s) by setting direction and making recommendations for related technology platforms (including CRM). Participate in the selection and management of related vendors and agencies, as needed.
- Build a high-performing customer care function by ensuring proper hiring and selection. Coach and lead team members by sharing knowledge, mentoring, providing timely feedback and motivating team towards focused results. Ensure strategy is understood and executed across the team.
- Provide leadership and direction to Customer Care, Commercial Support, and Tech Support.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Executive VP of Sales & Marketing.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.