Customer Experience Leader
- DEPARTMENT: Customer Care
- REPORTS TO: Executive VP of Sales & Marketing
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The Customer Experience Leader will drive the customer to the forefront of everything we do. This role is responsible for defining and implementing a best-in-class customer experience strategy and approach to drive loyalty, retention and meaningful interactions throughout the customer journey. He/she will creates strategies by diving deep into customer journey data to gain actionable insights about the customer and drive continuous improvement to the customer experience. The Customer Experience Leader owns customer programs such as Hello Hinkley, Honors programs, price sheet process management, and other promotions. The Customer Experience Leader fosters a customer centric culture within the organization. They also lead the recruitment, training & development, and overall management of a dynamic customer care team. Reports to the Executive Vice-President of Sales & Marketing.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Define the customer experience through mapping the customer journey and develops a deep understanding of the voice of the customer.
- Identify key opportunities for building customer loyalty and improving customer touchpoints within the overarching customer journey.
- Collect and analyze customer data, including but not limited to interactions (calls, chats) for trends to provide actionable insights. Communicate to appropriate parties to develop and implement optimizations and improvements.
- Plan and develop customer experience standards and related policies and procedures that continue to drive our customer experience to levels that match our premium products.
- Build a persistent focus on improving the customer experience at Hinkley through active listening to the voice of the customer.
- Quickly dissect issues and develops practical solutions that are both forward-thinking and customer centric.
- Partner with marketing, sales, IT, industry contacts, and representatives to develop competitive business strategies for specific customer experience solutions.
- Develop, drive and measure key performance metrics such as customer satisfaction, customer retention, customer churn, volume trends, net promoter score, success of customer experience initiatives, and the overall health of the consumer experience. Accountable for all metrics related to customer experience.
- Collaborate with marketing to manage product registration strategy and the ways to monetize and build loyalty off consumer data.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Product Development, Engineering, and other subject matter experts to produce and disseminate customer service focused training programs to help improve business acumen of the customer care team.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for company-wide customer experience initiatives and communicates in an easy-to-understand way across different levels of the company.
- Guide the customer care team to provide effective and swift resolution to customer issues.
- Continually evaluate the performance of each customer facing employee and provide in the moment feedback to drive results.
- Collaborate with leadership team to understand business objectives and revenue goals to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Leverage best in class technology and operating system(s) by setting direction and making recommendations for related technology platforms (including CRM). Participate in the selection and management of related vendors and agencies, as needed.
- Build a high-performing customer care function by ensuring proper hiring and selection. Coach and lead team members by sharing knowledge, mentoring, providing timely feedback and motivating team towards focused results. Ensure strategy is understood and executed across the team.
- Adhere to Hinkley core values.
- Provide leadership and direction to Customer Care, Commercial Support, and Tech Support.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Executive VP of Sales & Marketing
- Domestic travel required (1-2 trips annually).
Level and Type of Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field required.
Related Work Experience Required
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in customer success, sales, operations, marketing, or customer experience leadership roles.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Strong bias for action and results driven - ability to implement process through organization.
- A passion and proven track record for developing and driving initiatives that improve the customer experience and deliver business results.
- Possess strong knowledge and experience of experience design, service design, customer experience strategy, and customer journey mapping best practices
Demonstrated experienced in analytics/data - Qlik, Google Analytics, CRM platforms, Excel.
- Experience implementing, tracking and optimizing customer journeys across multiple marketing channels.
- Excellent relationship building skills and knows how to influence working teams and key partners.
- Excellent project management skills. Able to organize and coordinate multiple stakeholders to deliver projects on time with high quality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to interface with sales, product management and leadership with ease.
- Superior presentation skills including handling complex business issues.
- Strong problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills.
- Maintains a positive, open and objective attitude.
Tools and Equipment Used
The occupant is expected to freely operate the following tools and equipment: computer, printer, telephone and copier.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.