Customer Care Representative
- DEPARTMENT: Customer Care
- POST DATE: 01/2022
- REPORTS TO: Customer Care Supervisor
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Customer Care Rep - Full-time / Hinkley (Avon Lake, OH)
Hinkley is in search of a full-time Customer Care Rep at our location in Avon Lake, OH. This position is in OFFICE, not remote. Hours, once trained, will be 10:30 am – 7 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8:30 am – 5:00 pm on Friday. During training hours will be 8:30 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The Customer Care Representative will provide information to customers in response to inquiries about products and services and resolve customer complaints, special orders, or returns via phone, online chat or mail. The rep will receive and process orders, provide information re: pricing, changes in service, discontinuance, and shipping. Qualified candidates MUST have call center experience.
Hinkley is known for going above and beyond to serve its customers and resolve any issues they might have. We look for top performing professionals with customer care experience, specifically over the telephone, who are great at problem-solving and conflict resolution, and are great with people.
Communication is key, on the phone and via email, so we look for people who are good at both. We strive to be paperless, so computer skills are a must! We’ll train you on our own systems, but you should be comfortable using Microsoft Office products.
Our folks all work together to help each other find solutions, so you’ll be expected to collaborate with your co-workers in your own department, as well as with other departments. Working together is how we do business, and it helps us achieve success. We look for new people who are comfortable doing that, and enjoy the team approach.
Having any previous technical background or aptitude is certainly a plus for anyone in customer care, as we work closely to resolve all sorts of technical issues. Don’t worry, you don’t have to know it all, we have lots of references, and engineers always willing to help.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, a great work space, casual dress, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Professionally handles incoming requests from customers and ensures that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Documents all customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken into MyHinkley.
- Processes parts orders for broken glass, defective sockets and scratch and dent fixtures. * Issues Return Goods Allowances for customers and regional sales representatives.
- Refers complaints of service or product failure to appropriate departments for investigation.
- Coordinates customers' service needs with other departments as required to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Assigned complete administration of Internet accounts and customer portals.
- May act as backup to receptionist.
- Provides constant assistance on the Hinkley website through the Live chat feature.
- Responsible for processing warranty claims.
- Performs pulling, billing, invoicing, posting and filling backorders.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvement that positively impact the customer’s experience.
Education / Experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college or administrative/customer service training preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related work experience in customer service in a CALL CENTER environment.
- Must be proficient in various computer programs including Microsoft Office, Internet (Customer portals) and company CRM software
Necessary Specialized Skills and Abilities*
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Works well with others, team player; cooperative in groups to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer relationship management: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location