- DEPARTMENT: Marketing
- REVISION DATE: 4/2021
- REPORTS TO: Web Administrator
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley’s Content Manager/Copywriter develops engaging copy for Hinkley marketplace products, website, marketing, and other content needs. Must be a digital-savvy, creative writer and communicator who skillfully supports marketing campaigns with detailed planning and tactical execution to help grow Hinkley’s brand visibility. Understand the needs, motivations, and aspirations of our audiences, to communicate in the most effective, compelling, and engaging way possible. Research, fact-checks and proofreads writing to ensure high quality output, aligned with our brands’ tone, voice and standards.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH.
The Hinkley Marketing team is a game changer. To say we are passionate about this company is an understatement. We love creating beauty and inspiration and making it synonymous with the Hinkley brand. Our team has a love and respect for the printed word as well as being digital dynamos so that we can create dynamic content across multiple media platforms. Being a member of this crowd means you are an enthusiastic Hinkley brand ambassador with a great design aesthetic and style. Oh, and excellent time management skills and the ability to turn around high volumes of work in a flash (with a smile) is essential while collaborating with this energetic, highly creative group.
PRIMARY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Crafts marketing copy deliverables that are grammatically clean, effortless to read, creative, useful, and clear with a user-first mindset. Uses language designed to motivate and engage customers while maintaining the Hinkley voice.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to understand business objectives and execute innovative copy for multiple sales channels.
- Understand the needs, motivations, and aspirations of our audiences, to communicate in the most effective, compelling, and engaging way possible.
- Create brand-forward copy for use across a variety of different media including onsite, digital advertising, social, and product landing pages. Includes: product marketing copy, customer emails, blogs, catalogs, print advertising, banner ads, web content, video, sales rep newsletters and more.
- Writes compelling long-form website copy as well as effective headlines, taglines, and calls to action.
- Research, fact-checks and proofreads writing to ensure high quality output, aligned with our brands’ tone, voice and standards.
- Develop optimized, accurate product description copy for our e-commerce channels and trade publications.
- Writes consumer-oriented, SEO-driven product descriptions, marketing content and advertising/social copy.
- Uses data-driven insights to continuously improve writing.
- Proofreads final assets, maintaining style guides and evergreen content while upholding a consistent brand voice.
- Be curious, learning consumer insights to provide copy aligned with Hinkley brand strategies.
- Fulfill editorial requests from trade and consumer publications as needed.
- Stays abreast of interior design, home décor and industry trends and competitors’ marketing initiatives.
- Write, proofread, and edit text at various stages of the writing process and in response to requests and feedback from various stakeholders and ensure high editorial standards are met.
- See projects through the whole creative lifestyle, from inception to deployment.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, creative writing, journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience writing consumer-oriented, SEO-driven product descriptions, marketing content and advertising/social copy in a consumer products company.
- Minimum 4 years copywriting experience with an emphasis on writing of all forms to varied audiences.
- Applicants will be required to submit sample writings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Familiar with writing for various media (e.g. ads, blog pots, newsletters, websites, social media, product catalogs)
- Specific experience writing product descriptions for consumer products and e-commerce sites.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills that result in a clear, concise, consistent copy.
- Proven ability to apply a consistent brand voice to work across multiple channels.
- Solid copy editing and proofreading abilities.
- Able to take the company’s objectives and identify/implement copy/campaign strategy through research and execution (i.e.: identifying appropriate keywords, target audiences, interests, themes and more)
- A deep passion for the written word and mastery of the English language.
- User-experience-first messaging approach and ability to apply a strategic lens to writing.
- Deep knowledge of SEO practices, tools, online content strategy and creation
- Ability to translate an idea effectively and flawlessly across multiple messaging touchpoints.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency—and be willing to quickly pivot based on new information or feedback.
- Ability to juggle many projects and consistently deliver results despite competing priorities.
- Self-sufficiency, motivation, and the ability to juggle several projects under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for interior design/home décor, fashion trends and media outlets
- Fluency of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with CMS platform.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.' With a team of about 130 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance