- DEPARTMENT: Marketing
- REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley’s Content Manager/Copywriter develops engaging copy for Hinkley marketplace products, website, marketing, and other content needs. Must be a digital-savvy, creative writer and communicator who skillfully supports marketing campaigns with detailed planning and tactical execution to help grow Hinkley’s brand visibility. Understand the needs, motivations, and aspirations of our audiences, to communicate in the most effective, compelling, and engaging way possible. Research, fact-checks and proofreads writing to ensure high quality output, aligned with our brands’ tone, voice and standards.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Crafts marketing copy deliverables that are grammatically clean, effortless to read, creative, useful, and clear with a user-first mindset. Uses language designed to motivate and engage customers while maintaining the Hinkley voice.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to understand business objectives and execute innovative copy for multiple sales channels.
- Understand the needs, motivations, and aspirations of our audiences, to communicate in the most effective, compelling, and engaging way possible.
- Create brand-forward copy for use across a variety of different media including onsite, digital advertising, social, and product landing pages. Includes: product marketing copy, customer emails, blogs, catalogs, print advertising, banner ads, web content, video, sales rep newsletters and more.
- Writes compelling long-form website copy as well as effective headlines, taglines, and calls to action.
- Research, fact-checks and proofreads writing to ensure high quality output, aligned with our brands’ tone, voice and standards.
- Writes consumer-oriented, SEO-driven product descriptions, marketing content and advertising/social copy.
- Uses data-driven insights to continuously improve writing.
- Proofreads final assets, maintaining style guides and evergreen content while upholding a consistent brand voice.
- Be curious, learning consumer insights to provide copy aligned with Hinkley brand strategies.
- Fulfill editorial requests from trade and consumer publications as needed.
- Stays abreast of interior design, home décor and industry trends and competitors’ marketing initiatives.
- Write, proofread, and edit text at various stages of the writing process and in response to requests and feedback from various stakeholders and ensure high editorial standards are met.
- See projects through the whole creative lifestyle, from inception to deployment.
Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, creative writing, journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience writing consumer-oriented, SEO-driven product descriptions, marketing content and advertising/social copy in a consumer products company.
- Minimum 4 years copywriting experience with an emphasis on writing of all forms to varied audiences.
o Please provide writing samples
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Familiar with writing for various media (e.g. ads, blog pots, newsletters, websites, social media, product catalogs)
- Specific experience writing product descriptions for consumer products and e-commerce sites.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills that result in a clear, concise, consistent copy.
- Proven ability to apply a consistent brand voice to work across multiple channels.
- Solid copy editing and proofreading abilities.
- Able to take the company’s objectives and identify/implement copy/campaign strategy through research and execution (i.e.: identifying appropriate keywords, target audiences, interests, themes and more)
- A deep passion for the written word and mastery of the English language.
- User-experience-first messaging approach and ability to apply a strategic lens to writing.
- Deep knowledge of SEO practices, tools, online content strategy and creation
- Ability to translate an idea effectively and flawlessly across multiple messaging touchpoints.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency—and be willing to quickly pivot based on new information or feedback.
- Ability to juggle many projects and consistently deliver results despite competing priorities.
- Self-sufficiency, motivation, and the ability to juggle several projects under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for interior design/home décor, fashion trends and media outlets
- Fluency of Microsoft Office applications
Tools and Equipment Used
The occupant is expected to freely operate the following tools and equipment: personal computer (including word processing, database and other miscellaneous programs); printer; telephone; copier.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, type, carry and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.